Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Volterra!

Italian countrysideThe Bell Tower
Doors to the church
Scary door...maybe there a vampire behind it
Roman amphitheater...with creppy fog
Same place 5min earlier
Scary alley...any vampires?

Where edward might have stood?
No Fountain in the square only the Bell towerThis cute old man was at the bus stop
Someone pulled out an apple in Volterra...I couldnt resist taking this pic!
What some twhilight fans have written in Volterra My Favorite!Vampire sign
So last week I went to Volterra, and anyone who has read twilight might be freaking out. The trip was a lot of fun. I even asked the Italian humanities teacher if there was a St. Marcus in Volterra and he said "yes, it’s an old legend but he was the one who got rid of the vampires." That answer got the rest of the group excited. Mind you that half of the twenty four girls on this trip has read twilight so it was pretty funny. The rest of the day was spent vampire hunting. I went down many dark allies on my endeavor but was only left to find graffiti from other twilight fans. Plus, it started to rain, and I didnt have an umbrella because it was clear blue skies in Siena when we left so I had to end my hunt. lol.





4 comments:

The Expatts said...

That looks like a very exciting adventure! Thanks for the pics, it helps those of us who will probably never make it there see what it really looks like! And by the way, the apple pic is awesome :)

Meghan said...

That is hilarious!!! Was the Twilight graffiti on walls? Did the city have any Twilight related stuff out? When I was in London, the city had official looking signs at the train station that said things like "Owls must remain in cages" or "No flying on the platform." There was even a sign that read Platform 9 3/4. You should send some of the twilight graffiti pictures to the fansite www.hisgoldeneyes.com. Maybe they'll post them.

Lynette said...

Sweet! I would have loved to go there! Those pictures are awesome! I wish I could be there to explore the fun with you.

Cori Shaw, MS, RD said...

Wow that's so awesome, I wish I was there!