Sunday, December 19, 2010

Out of the Ordinary


Nathan and I did something our of the ordinary

we went to Lake Tahoe

I missed school...which I never do
I especially don't miss school right before finals week
but I did
and I am glad I did too!

It is also not like us to drive 7 hours to go somewhere
but we did and I am glad
Lake Tahoe was a super nice mini vacation
I had a lot of first experiences there
I had my first snowball fight
Nathan pegged me in the face causing my mascara to run
I went snowboarding for the first time

I felt like this a lot~exhausted

But eventually I would sit up

Attempt to get up by killing my knees
My tiny arms couldn't pick me up

Be ready to go

and end up crashing into a fence

Or end up back on my butt

Luckily I had a patient and cute instructor...Husband!

According to my great teacher I did better than expected
the first 2 runs were hard but I got the hang of things on the 3trd run
and did about 10 runs total!
Check out the amazing view from the lifts!
and had a lot of fun!

My car experienced it first snow
We had a glimpse of what parenthood would be like when little Natalie didn't go to bed
lets just say I am not ready to give up my sleep yet


I attempted to make a snow angel

We went sledding
Overall we had a great trip with friends
Thank you Juan and Audrey for inviting us!
I am looking forward to going snowboarding again!
Any beginners want to go with me?
PS: I was sore for a week~but I had fun :)

Merry Christmas!

No comments: