Monday, July 14, 2008

Are We Married Yet?



It feels like Chelsea and I are married already. We recently took a trip to San Francisco for the weekend and had an amazing time. It was sweet too because I was able to use the $500 voucher I got last year when I visited Chelsea in Hawaii. And we stayed with friends out in the Bay Area so we basically had a free trip except for the $15/bag fee that they have now. I must say though, that it was great waking up each day and knowing that I would see Chelsea all day and we didn’t even fight once the entire weekend!! So we arrived at SFO Thursday night and luckily I have an awesome cousin who loves to pick me up from airports……Sabrina. She picked us up that night and we stayed at her place with her two cats. The next day we were off to the “City” and luckily we found parking that only cost $23, wait, did I say $23, wait, did I say luckily? From there we began our long trek which started off with killing some pigeons on Chelsea’s first trolley ride. After being graced with the presence of pigeon guts we finally made it to Fisherman’s Wharf


Chelsea's first Trolley Ride---------------------------------Lombard St.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and enjoyed some nice chili and clam chowder bread bowls. Our journey continued on to Ghiradelli Square, Lombard St (Crooked St), Chinatown, and back to Union Square. We basically walked the whole city and I was proud of Chelsea when she was able to walk up this incredibly steep hill without me having to carry her. By this time it was dark and we were super hungry again and being in San Francisco meant that Chelsea wanted to eat food from a different country so no chips and salsa for me. We ended up eating at a Japanese Noodle House and I was very impressed; it was delicious to the taste.






Sabrina then dropped us off at Locke and Katie Andersons apartment where Ty Carlson and his wife met up with us for the slumber party of the century. Well, not really but we did play with Armanie and watch I Am Legend until 1 am. Now, Chelsea and I are not married yet both the other four people we slept with are married which meant getting woken up at the butt crack of dawn. Chelsea and I are acclimated to sleeping in still while all the other married persons there are used to getting up early, so that was kinda hard. So after a delicious whole wheat pancake breakfast we made our way over to the Golden Gate Bridge and of course Locke knew where free parking was, I would be disappointed if he didn’t know. We walked to the midspan of the bridge and then back which was really cool; it reminded me of my trip to London and the bridge tours I went on.

Our journey then moved on to Oakland where we stopped for a few pictures at the Oakland Temple and then continued on to Fairfield for the Jelly Belly Factory Tour. Our Tour Guide was really lame but was still cool nonetheless. By this time we were all exhausted so we ended up at Ty’s house in our PJ’s playing bridge the rest of the night. So Sunday was gonna be our last chance to get some sleep but once again we were woken up early by the married people. Ty’s wife, Tammy had asked her dad to make us eggs benedict for breakfast that morning and he did and it was amazing so I guess waking us up early this time paid off. Chelsea and I tried to take a nap after that before church but it’s so hard to sleep when the love of your life is right in front of you. Church was at one and then the kind and generous Locke and Katie took us to the airport. Overall, it was a fun, basically free trip and it was good to catch up with old friends and I feel that Chelsea and I bonded even more. We definitely are meant for each other and already feel like we are married. I think marriage will be an easy transition for us.



What a happy baby!!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Locke & Katie have a baby? Cool.

nicole said...

Ahhh that looks like fun.

Cori Shaw, MS, RD said...

You guys are so cute. San Fran is always so fun! Greg and I went last year and we also had the famous clam chowder... it IS delicious!

Mario Jacquez said...

looks like you guys had a fun time. i still want to visit San Fran some time. The freeness of it all had to have made it better.

StepH said...

awww that was such a sweet blog nathan! u & chelsea r definately adorable together!! i'll probably be gone (hopefully) by the time u r actuallly married, but i still better get an invitation!where ever i may be! =]

May said...

you guys look so happy!

Lynette said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I'm so sad we couldn't go with you guys! I can't wait until you guys get married and you become part of the family...and then I get to post on my blog how gorgeous you look in your dress! I love the one you chose and Nate's jaw is going to drop to the ground when he sees you in it!

Lish said...

I just have to say that my niece really is the cutest thing ever. Looks like you guys had a blast! Good luck with the wedding plans!!