Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Fun!


Well it was not July 4th but it was Thursday, July 3rd and Nathan and I went down to San Diego to Kayak and see fireworks. I got off work a little early and met Nathan at his work and from there Nathan and I drove down to San Diego. Nathan will be making this drive starting in the fall when he drives from UCSD to work. It was also fun to see what area we might live in since we will move to the San Diego area when we get married. We then met up with some friends where the kayaks are rented. They fitted us with a kayak and soon after we were out on the water. There were about 60 kayakers all together who were going to see the fireworks. So we headed out and I do have to say I am so happy Nathan was with me so that he could do most of the paddling. I did try my best, but I would get tired. Once we made it to Mission Bay Cove, we waited for the fireworks that were put on for Sea World. Across the cove about 100 ft, maybe more, there was a barge which is where the fireworks would be shot. When the show started I was amazed. The fireworks were huge and right over my head. It made the whole cove echo which started car alarms around the area. It was amazing. It was the best firework show that I had seen since I went to Japan. Overall, it was a great time even if I got wet from paddling.


2 comments:

karin said...

I like how Audrey is trying to not be in the photo and the "self"-portrait of Nathan.

Meghan said...

Looks fun! Did you go with friends or a church group?