Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Chelsea is GONNNEEEEEE!!!!!!

What am I going to do now? Not having her around is like somebody cutting off my right arm. All my free time is now spent.....sorting my sock drawer? I need her back. Saying bye was the most difficult thing I have done in my life up to this point. Not only is being engaged for 9 months incredibly hard, but not seeing your fiance for 3 of those 9 months? It's torture. So I have to find ways to keep myself busy and the best I could do was updating this blog. Your all welcome.

Chelsea has been a very busy girl lately with wedding plans and packing for Italy, yet always found time to spend with me, thanks babe. Anyway, I'm sure if she had had more time she would have posted about finally picking a venue for our reception. No, its not gonna be at the church, but 10 times better: The Coco Palm. (http://www.cocopalmrestaurant.com/weddings.htm) This place is awesome and we are so excited to finally have a place and be able to finalize all the smaller details. So get ready for a rockin good time and an amazing 3 course meal on December 27th, 2008.


Also, I went skydiving last week. My senior project teacher offered to take our whole team sky diving for free. Now normally, I would never go skydiving because I am so scared of heights. Just thinking about jumping freaked me out. Also, the price would have kept me from skydiving. So I felt like this would have been my only opportunity to ever sky dive in my life and decided to take it. I did a tandem jump which meant some dude was strapped to my back, however being at 12,500 feet having a dude strapped to my back was somehow not a major concern for me. Luckily, I wasn't really required to do anything, not even jump. My partner pushed me out of the plane and for 60 seconds we went into a free fall which almost blew my contacts out. Then I pulled the chute and for 6 minutes we steered the parachute around and then finally landed. It was the funnest thing I have ever done and I want to go again ASAP. Next time I will have to take Chelsea. Your life is actually in no danger, I learned, but I guess the people that have died from sky diving would tell you otherwise. Skydiving: Recommended by Nathan.


Lastly, Greg and Cori got married....lucky. I am really happy that they finally did it, I love those guys and hope the best for them. And I am moving to La Jolla in a week and starting UCSD really soon. Exciting times. Come home soon Chelsea, I miss you.

12 comments:

karin said...

Sorry that you are miserable but if that is what it takes for you to post funny posts, I will take it. Jill skydived but there is NO way I could do it (#1 reason heights and #2 EXPENSIVE).

Rad Ryan said...

hey dude, we should hang out sometime, bring chelsea, oh yeah i for got she's gone. my bad.

Cori Shaw, MS, RD said...

Nate! I am sharing your sadness with chelsea being gone, I cant imagine how much you miss each other! But you'll be busy and time with fly (hopefully) and then it will be time for your wedding!! Thanks for being a part of ours :) We love you

alyson said...

congratulations on your engagement!! I am so excited for you! Chelsea seams really nice!!

StepH said...

awwww that place looks soo cool!! im sad im not gonna b there :(

alyson said...

well I hope we get a wedding invitation!! Do you need our address?? Yeah I am really sad we didn't go. Hopefully we will be going next year! Well we need to hang out then so you can see her! Maybe a double date? when Chelsea comes back?!

Meghan said...

Poor you. I know Chelsea misses you too. Besides sorting your sock drawer, you could get rid of some of the stuff in Chelsea's closet. I swear she still has stuff in there from elementary school! Skydiving, wow! Did Chelsea know you were going?

Unknown said...

Hey, nice hat. I've always wanted to go skydiving, but the idea of another dude latched on to my rear is too awkward. I bet it was fun though! Lucky...

Anonymous said...

Sup Nate, congratulamations on the whole marriage thang thats awesome! That stinks that you gotta go skydiving without your woman, probably stinks worse than that time some dude threw his trash at you from his car when we were out tracting on the mish! wasn't it a burger king bag? anywho, i'll text ya my address and am lookin forward to the invitation, congrats again!
-brock

Meghan said...

This is Meghan's husband Jake. I still think Chelsea should have skipped her trip or brought you with her. She owes you huge, big time, and forever.

I remember Meghan ditched me 3 weeks before our wedding while I rotted through the last little bit of a Spring Semester. She thought she was so organized going out early to help her mom get things ready for the wedding while I was fighting my way through finals...what she doesn't know is I almost died those weeks from loneliness and a broken heart. :( These Conard women are so cruel sometimes and don't see it our way. Lol.

I've been working on Meghan, Chelsea, and their mom for some time now...Now I'll have an ally. :) With your help they may just understand men yet...or should I say men whooped over Conard women. Welcome to the family, I look forward to meeting you this winter in the bitter cold of California.

Jake

Darci Buhl said...

I went to China for a month a week after we got married, and I think Devin was about ready to die when I finally got back. 3 Months! That sucks. Good luck:)

Roger Conard said...

Chelsea's Dad here: Too bad you're missing Chelsea. Toughen up! Stop your whining! It is an amazing privilege to marry one of our daughters. The Conard women have been and always will be beautiful, independent, and strong women who are loving and fierce defenders of their faith and families. Nathan and Jake, you better treat my girls with the respect they deserve and remember everyday how lucky and fortunate you both are to have our girls as your eternal companions! Besides, where eles you gonna get such cute kids from! I've got the cutest grandkids in the world! Thanks Jake and Meghan! Love ya all, Grandpa Roger.