Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ciao Bella



SO I have been pretty busy and finding Internet is the hardest thing in the world. I hate paying for it at Internet cafes but school is terrible for Internet. Anyways...I went to Florence and climbed the dome at dumo, saw David, and some Botticelli paintings. I was there for a short time but it was still a lot of fun. I will be going back to Florence again at least twice while I am here. I still have lots to see and I also need to find some hot leather boots while im there too. This pass weekend.
The best part of the trip was the bus ride home. I had a drunk guy almost fall asleep in my lap...he was getting way too close for comfort. One of the girls took a picture so as soon as I get that I will post it. On the same bus, my friend Elizabeth had the opportunity to reassure an Italian that Mormons arnt spies. She was studying Italian on the bus home and one of the passangers asks her is she is learning italian and if she was any good. She responded that she was trying to get better. The guy asks her where she was from. Salt Lake City she replied. The man became alarmed with her response and replied but theres mormons there. Elizabeth agreed that there were a lot of mormons in Utah. But mormons are spies the man replied. Elizabeth replied that she is mormon...but promised that she wasnt a spie. The rest of the bus ride the man was a little jummpy. Her version is much better you can check it out on her blou under our friends link.
I
went to Pisa and Lucca. It was my second time to Pisa but it was just as fun. I decided not to climb the tower...one day Nathan and I will come back to Italy and we will climb the tower together.

Luccawas a lot of fun. I ate pizza on the city wall. The best part of the trip was renting bikes for an hr and ridding on top of the city wall. It has been a very long time since I have ridden a bike. It took me about 15 min to be refreshed and I stil wasnt confident in my bike riding. It was beautiful ride on top of the wall. I couldn't help but be reminded of the sound of music. I kept singing in my head. I also got a pretty cool vase at the antique market in Lucca too. I had to resist the urge to buy an antique chandelier...What would I do with one I had to tell my self.


Great Pizza

My pink bike

A beautifull villa
Me and myICe Cream thats almost gone


Climbing the Dome


Top of the Dome...I dont know what the smoke is in the back

Sunset on the way home

The Dumo and bell tower

It still hasnt fallen yet....I was keeping it up

2 comments:

StepH said...

that first picture u posted is so cool!! r u really that high in the air?!

Chelsea and Nathan said...

I jumped off that middle pillar but I was that high. Its one of my favorite pictures.