Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Home for another month

SIENAI Love Italy...I have been here a month and I still cant speak Italian...Some cant speak english
I painted this for my class...I like the photo better

I pass this every day. My house is on the street right in front of it

Church

It is so cute

SO Pretty I love it!

You can see my house in this picture and the Compo

They are cleaning the dome on the dumo

The Dumo is HUGE!

Grrrrrrr

Training

The Dumo...I pass it every day. It is actually right by my house

Bell Tower at the Dumo

The compo in the rain

My Contrada

The Compo at night

Lokking out the window instead of paying attention in class

San Domenico

Bella

This was my first day in SIena, What an amazing welcome with a Contrada parade


Whats your Contrada?

First day of school

The view from my class room

So i realized I havent posted that many pictures of where I live so here is the beautiful city of Siena that I have been living in. Siena is amazing. My house is in the heart of the city. I love the idea of the contradas and the Palio. Speaking of the Palio...the new James Bond movie will show a part of the Palio and Siena so get ready. As much as I love it here, I do miss home a lot. Mexican food is on the list. And Nathan of course. Only a month and a half left of living in amazing Italy!

2 comments:

Roger Conard said...

Hi chelsea, your sister Kaylee wanted to look at the photos of you. She say's she misses you and misses Nathan visiting too! She sends you a kiss. Then she says Troy, Troy, William William and does her hand sigh. We love the photos of Siena it makes it seem more real and gives us an idea of your daily surroundings. It really is beautiful, you don't see buildings like that in corona let alone the USA. I wish we could come visit you but we will have to take a vacation there and other spots with you one day. Your wedding plans are driving me nuts and your bridesmaids are non-existant as in they might as well be on another planet. ha ha. love you. MOM and Kaylee

Meghan said...

Cool photos. I loved the direct translation on that sign. It should have said, "Hold children's hands" or something like that. Beautiful city (bella citta). =)