Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Lets go back and visit England....

So I never finished writing about our England trip. 
Maybe it's because I took over 1,000 pictures and still haven't looked through them 
or maybe its because I am lazy 
or maybe its because I took so many photos 
or maybe because I took so many photos and don't really want to edit all of them 
I think that last statement goes back to me being lazy
Anyways lets go back and visit England 

On Wednesday March 21st We drove to Liverpool
We only had one plan that day 
A soccer game 
or since we are talking about England here I should correct myself 
a football match 
Everton vs. Arsenal 
It may not have been the Manchester United (or city?) vs Chelsea game that hubby wanted to see
but nevertheless Nathan was still ecstatic 
SO the game didn't start till dinner time and we got to Liverpool around lunchtime 
so we had nothing plan
which was nice after our crazy long "field trip" day of London
So instead of checking out some of The Beatles childhood homes 
or looking for more historical sites 
we went shopping 
Husband bought some soccer shorts and I bought some colored jeans 
and we ate at the highly recommended Waggamamas




We took our first taxi to the game 
and bought some Everton gear to support the home team 
Nathan would say the soccer game was the highlight of his trip
It was the one thing he wanted to do in England 
so i am glad we were able to make it happen 
I would say that soccer fans are crazy 
We sat on the Everton/Arsenal side that was separated by a nice row of security guards 
luckily there weren't any fights 
but the Arsenal side would not stop cheering/ chanting 
it's probably a good thing that I couldn't understand what was being sung 
it was probably very crude 
but seriously 
The Arsenal side was standing and singing the entire game while the Everton was sitting and enjoying the game 
It was fun to people watch other fans 
they would get so mad at the players and coaches it was funny to watch 
I would say our last night in England was a fun night  


No comments: