Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Top of the morning to ya





Early Thursday morning we left Liverpool and flew into Belfast Northern Ireland
After figuring out how to work the new rental car, 
it was off to the Carrick-a-Rede Rope bridge
but not without getting lost a few times 
Somehow we ended up on the Antrim Coast scenic route 
which was gorgeous 



but thank goodness we were the only car 
lets just say it was not built for 2-way traffic all the time 
Nathan let me have him stop the car whenever I wanted to get out and take pictures of something 
When I got out to take a picture of the sheep on the coast, 





they must have thought I had food 
because they all came running up to the fence bahing 
We eventually found the Carrick-a-Rede Rope bridge

and I don't think Nathan will ever want to go back 
someone is a little scared of heights 





Hanging 98ft above the scary rocks was a little too much for Nathan 
I could barely get him to take a picture of me 

he didn't want to linger on the bridge 
in fact I think he would have preferred to curl up in a ball and stay there the rest of the trip 
It was then off to Giants Causeway
 


Where the giant Finn MacCool tried to build a bridge to Scotland
Or something along those lines

Either way it was interesting to see and look at 
We explored as much as we were up too 

before heading back to the car and getting lunch in the nearby village 

We spotted one more ruin castle in Northern Ireland 

before continuing around the coast down to Galway 
without stopping
Yes you heard us 
We drove from Belfast airport around the Northern coast to Galway 
Lets just say we were exhausted and tired 
I really should give Nathan a standing ovation because he did that drive on his own 
while I tried really hard to not fall asleep but did anyway 
Nathan still can't believe how hard it is for me to stay awake sometimes 
We stayed at a bed and breakfast in Galway 
and enjoyed Irish breakfast the following morning
The whole time when we were in England Nathan would try to talk in a British accent
but the whole time we were in Ireland I would try to talk in an Irish accent
we were entertainment for our car ride 

No comments: