Saturday, October 20, 2012

Day 2 in Hawaii

Today was another long but fun day.
It started with driving to the North Shore.
However, we did make a few stops along the way.
 We stopped at Chinaman's Hat,
 the crouching lion, 
Pounders
 and Laiea point. 
Aaron, Jo's husband, grew up on the North Shore 
so it was fun to see some of his favorite beaches. 
We stopped at his parents house so I could use the Bathroom. 
I seriously have to pee every 2 hours.
 We had lunch at a shrimp truck and were surprised with some rain.
 Jo introduced us to Teds bakery where we had a delicious pie with halieva in it. 
We eventually worked our way to Eukhai beach.
 Me being a whitey found a nice shady place to layout 
and was surprised by a phone call from Husband where I got to use google hangout to see him. 
Eventually I joined the rest of the girls in the water where we played the game "over under." 
Which isn't really a game but it was fun deciding if we should dive under a wave or go over it. 
 I am excited to see the video we took with Aaron's gopro. 
We then headed to One Love Surf shop 
where we were disappointed to learn that they were sold out of their acia bowls
. So it was then off to the Dole Plantation where we arrived 15 min before they closed.
 I love the pineapple whip 
so much that not only did I get my own, 
but I also indulged in the pineapple split that the rest of the group got.
 What can I say, I love pineapple whips.
 And the stuff at the Dole Plantation is so much better than the ones they sell at Disneyland.
 It was then back to the apartment 
where everyone showered and got dressed up for dinner at the Italian restaurant Assigios.
 After dinner was over, we went back to Jo's house and crashed for the night.

No comments: