Monday, October 1, 2012

The Ultrasound Experience


This is mainly for my own benefit
 so if it's too wordy
just enjoy the pictures
but ultrasound pictures are kinda weird in my opinion
so enjoy if you think they are cute
I think the whole thing is unreal
On September 25th at 8:45 at night I had my ultrasound appointment
For the appointment
I had to drink 32 oz of water
I drank 40 oz
an hour and a half before my appointment
and I couldn't empty my bladder
needless to say I was SO uncomfortable
I was doing the "potty dance" in the lobby waiting for my appointment to start
We were SO excited for this appointment
Nathan hadn't seen the baby since my first ultrasound back in July
My heart fluttered when the baby came up on the screen
And I was relieved to see and learn that the heartbeat was normal
since this ultrasound was the full anatomy of baby
the tech would spend a few minutes going over various body parts
about 15 minutes into the appointment
the tech announced that she was gonna scan the umbilical cord and pelvic area
It took me a moment to realize that meant the gender too
when the nurse started to label the legs
 there was a third limb
and I realized a split second before she typed boy on the screen
that I am going to have a son
I knew that this was the little boy that I have had multiple dreams about
It wasn't really a surprise that I am having a boy
as I said before Nathan and I just seemed to know it was a boy
and it was so natural to start calling baby 'him' throughout the rest of the appointment
I am sure tons of parents feel the same way about one sex and the baby ends up being another
But the weeks leading up to my ultrasound I found myself looking at boy clothes
The Saturday before my ultrasound I had a dream about my ultrasound and that the baby was a boy
SO needless to say we feel that this little guy is meant for our family
we feel that he has been waiting patiently for the right time to join our family
Halfway through the ultrasound the tech let me use the restroom
I have never been so grateful to pee
ridiculous I know
but I was uncomfortable
I guess I should get used to being uncomfortable I hear that's what the last few months will be like
The whole ultrasound experience was unreal
I would feel the baby move and watch the movement on the screen
10 little fingers and toes wiggled around
and we could see him move his little tongue
His foot measures 2.93 cm

so tiny
It is weird to think that there is a person growing inside of me
That I have another persons bones inside me
I technically have two heartbeats
I just hope that my baby continues to grow and be healthy
I am anxious for my next appointment where my doctor goes over the results of my blood test and the ultrasound
Nathan and I ended the night with a celebratory dinner at Chilies
since it was one of the non fast food restaurants open past 10pm
We spent most of our dinner awing at the ultrasound pictures
we are so happy and excited for our little one to come
we want to play with him right now
It'f going to be a long 20 weeks
Oh yeah I am 20 weeks along
which means I am halfway done if baby shows up on his due date
 
but I think he is going to be late 

No comments: