Monday, October 22, 2012

Last full day in Hawaii

For my last full day in Hawaii we spent the morning at Waikiki.
 I like the area is pretty well kept up. 
However, it was hard to find shade on the beach. 
In addition, the beach isn't the same as the North Shore. 
The sand is imported from another island 
so it feels different and is more rocky in comparison to the other beaches we went to. 
We had to leave Waikiki at noon to get back to the apartment and get ready since Emily's flight left at 3. 
It was sad to say goodbye, but I am so glad we were all able to get together.
 It was then back to the apartment where Erika packed and we hung out until Jo was done with work. 

We went up to tantalus lookout where we watched the sunset and got a little cold as some rain came in. 
It was a gorgeous view. 
We then ate dinner and then it was time to say goodbye to Erika as she caught the 9pm flight home.

 When we got back to the apartment 
I learned how to play rummikin, 
which I want a rematch Jo and then crashed at 10pm.
 At 1am I woke up and realized I was still in my regular clothes with makeup on and the lights were still on. 
Once I did get ready for bed, 
I couldn't fall back asleep until 4am 
and then I was awake by 7:30am. 
It was rough.

Tuesday was my turn to fly home. 
My flight was scheduled to leave at 12:30.
 So after dropping Jo off at work I got some last minute gifts for family 
and was then back at the apartment packing up my stuff.
 At 10:30, I checked my phone to find out that I had an alert from my airline. 
My flight was delayed 3 hrs. 
Talk about sucky. 
Instead of getting in to San Diego at 9pm
 I was looking at midnight.
 So I hung out at the apartment 
and met Jo for lunch where we said our goodbyes 
and then it was my turn to go to the airport.
It was an amazing trip and I am so glad that we were able to do it. 
Can't wait to hang out with these girls again soon 

No comments: