Saturday, October 13, 2012

Greetings from paradise

I am living it up with a girls trip in Hawaii. Yep you heard that right. I am in Hawaii. It has been 5 years since I lived hear for the summer and I am glad to be back.

If you look back to my 2008 posts from when I lived in Italy, you would see me with the same 3 other girls. Well we are together again. We are actually staying at Jo's place in Honolulu.



I arrived on Thursday after a long morning. Nathan woke me up at 2:30am not knowing the time, and thinking I had missed my flight. I then woke up at 4:40am scared that I was gonna sleep through my alarm. Needless to say I made my flight and my connecting flight and have arrived safely in Hawaii.




Yesterday (Friday) we went snorkeling at hanuma Bay. It was amazing! I loved looking at the amazing fish. I have never gotten so close to so many fish. It was pretty cool. I did end up cutting my toe on the reef when I was trying to fix my mask. Silly me. But overall it was my best snorkeling experience ever! So much better than the cold cloudy california water. There were a bunch of annoying pigeons that were fearless. They wouldn't leave when I would kick them with sand.






After snorkeling for the first half of the day we went to the halona blowhole and Leonard's Bakery for some hot delicious Malasadas. Baby liked it too. We then restocked our sunscreen supply at Costco and had some lunch before heading over to Diamond Head.






Hiking Diamond Head was pretty easy. I had to take frequent breaks for baby but was able to take the "hard way" rather than the "easy way." It was a beautiful view at the top. Except the gnats were super annoying. Overall it was a great hike and the shaved ice we got afterwards was well earned. We went to Waiola shaved ice which was delicious and dare I say better than the famed matsamotos on the north shore.

We ended the night with yummy chicken and the movie What to Expect When Your Expecting. Which as someone who is expecting was funny to watch. But I have never liked how movies display labor. I seriously need to research various birthing methods to prepare me. It was a busy day and I was thoroughly exhausted and super full.




1 comment:

Susan Conard Photography said...

Looks like your having a fun time. Better get some water shoes so your toe doesn't get infected! Have fun!
Love, Mom