Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 3 in Hawaii

On Sunday we woke up early
 and went to the North Shore again.
 Only this time we went to Waimea bay. 
Again we found a shady place to layout
 and enjoyed watching
 the surfers, bodyboarders, waves, and people jumping off of jump rock.
 I did not jump off the rock like I did 5 years ago, 
I don't think baby would have liked it. 
I am 22 weeks pregnant in the above picture
Eventually I went in the water where the waves were not so big. 
I have to say I think that Wiama is my favorite beach for swimming.
 I love the texture of the sand, clarity of the water and ample space.
 After we spent half the day at the beach, 
it was off to One Love Surf Shop to get the Acia bowls. 
However when we got there,
 we found out they only had enough granola to make one more bowl.
 Let's just say that bowl was gone in 3 min.
 Deliciousness! 
We stopped at Turtle Bay 
and watched a little bit of the amateur paddle board competition
and walk around the resort  
We then stopped at Ted's for another pie. 
I had one bite and called it good. 
I am seriously having a food/sugar overload. 
My poor body is not used to eating so much rich food. 
I would say I should do one of those cleanses when I get home, 
but I don't think baby would like it very much.
 After Ted's we stopped at the Laiea temple and went to the visitors center. 
We had to have some sort of spiritual experience since we missed church.
 From there it was off to Pali lookout 
where we battled with the fierce wind. 
Way back in the day
 when King Kamahmaha was conquering the islands
 his men would fight each other in those mountains and push their enemy off the cliffs. 
Kinda extreme. 
 From the lookout it was Thai for dinner. 
This was my second time having Thai, it was pretty decent, 
but baby or my digestive system did not like it. 
Most of the girls were out at 10pm,
 but I stayed up to finish my book The Great Gatsby. 
My verdict, I still didn't like it. 
First time was because of Daisy,
 second time because of Gatsby. 
I mean seriously I want to slap these characters for the way they act. 
Overall it was another great day in paradise.

No comments: