Thursday, October 4, 2012

Goodbye In-n-Out ...

...Hello retirement
until baby comes 
In August I said goodbye to working at In-n-out burger
it was bitter sweet 
I cried 
only for a day 
In-n-out was my first job 
I got hired during my senior year of high school
they were so great with working with my school/ cheer schedule 
and continued to be great with working with my crazy college schedule 
I remember there were times when I could only work Fri night and Saturday 
and they made it work 
They let me take a leave of absence when I lived in Hawaii for the summer 
and they did the same when I Study Abroad in Italy 
I was able to transfer down to the Mira Mesa location when we moved to La Jolla 
and when we bought our Condo in Oceanside 
I transferred again to the Carlsbad location  
Nathan and I loved attending the company picnics 
(except the last one was kinda lame) 
and the company would always give gifts to the employees for being accident free
we always got a Christmas present from the company 
and there was usually a Holiday party or breakfast
sometimes I would drag myself out of bed for the breakfast
I loved working in the team/family atmosphere 
and always enjoyed my time working 
but with a family wedding, vacation and a husband sick of me working every Saturday
it was time to say goodbye 
My last day/last store meeting 
Over this last year, 
my boss had me trained all the new hires 
and on my last day at the meeting 
they announced that my most recent batch of trainees got promoted 
it has been nice to see how my various trainees have grown and progressed throughout the year
Me and many of my trainees 
Since quitting In-n-out 
Nathan and I have been and continue to be busy 
every weekend 
it's exhausting but fun 
luckily I never have plans during the week so I can rest more 
but seriously
My next weekend without any plans is Nov 10th
and even then I am busy 2 out of the 4 weekends in November 
but back to the point of this post 
if there is even a point 
thank you In-n-out 
it was a great 61/2 years 
but I am ready to start my new chapter in life 
as a mommy
you will always hold a special place in my heart 
and my stomach 
 I will visit 

No comments: